Each year,Wanderlust, producer of the largest yoga and lifestyle events in the world, comes to Squaw Valley to create a retreat experience that lets wellness enthusiasts, mindful adventurers, families, and foodies come together for a weekend of transformative yoga, outdoor activities, organic dining, local wines, live music and inspiring lectures in a breathtaking mountaintop setting. Taking place July 20-23, 2017, attendees can choose from an extraordinary array of activities including yoga, meditation, explorative hikes, running treks, food demos, music workshops—and more— to create an unforgettable weekend escape.
What’s New at Wanderlust Squaw Valley 2017?
- Classes with Powerhouse Yoga Talent: Seane Corn, Kathryn Budig, Rod Stryker and Gurmukh, world-renowned yoga instructors, return to share their distinctive yoga styles. Rina Jakubowicz and Jasmine Tarkeshi come to Wanderlust Squaw Valley for the very first time.
- Bodywork Classes: Our “Sanctuary” venue will host a variety of bodywork classes throughout the weekend: learn how to release muscles with self massage, massage with props, such as rollers and balls, and techniques for relieving pain, facilitating proper posture, and improving sleep.
- Find Your True Fork: Presented by Tropicana Probiotics, Find Your True Fork is Wanderlust‘s brand new interactive culinary stage where participants will experience hands-on how to make fresh and healthy dishes from top chefs and wellness experts. Kevin Callaghan will reveal how to think like a kitchen pro, Seamus Mullen will tell you how to balance the microbiome with delicious food, Jason Wrobel will give his top food hacks for busy people, and much more.
- Craft Classes in the True North Café: Join Kelly Horrigan, a leather artisan, fashion designer and educator and create a unique wall hanging using crystals, semi-precious stones, feathers, wood, bone and other objects found in nature; Astrologer Sandy Rueve will give a short lecture to bring the stars down to Earth and teach attendees to hand roll their own millefiori clay beads.
- The Gathering: Wanderlust’s opening ceremony taking place on Thursday night to welcome the weekend ahead: Enjoy intention-setting, art, meditation and a very special performance by National Poetry Slam Champion and multi-platinum winning songwriter IN-Q.
- Musical Performances: Get down with live performances featuring Lettuce’s sonic freedom, the R&B electric soul of Little Dragon, the soul-dipped bluegrass funk of Dustbowl Revival and many more.
- Speakeasy Talks: Get inspired by our lecture program featuring today’s thought leaders: Katie Wilcox will tell you how cultivate a positive body image—even in a digital world; musician and activist Madame Gandhi discusses what “the future is female” really means; business expert Michael Ellsberg will change the ways you think about money, wealth, and spending by investing in yourself—and more.
- Salt + Smoke BBQ: Traveling from North Carolina, the Salt & Smoke Roadshow is coming to Wanderlust with an evening celebrating the best the South has to offer. Dance to live music, eat local, whole-hog BBQ with all the fixings, pocket an ever-so-fashionable Salt & Smoke pint glass, and relish that first, perfect beer.
- Meditation Classes: Unplug and get centered with meditation classes from renowned teachers such as Davidji, Tracee Stanley, Jennifer Partridge, and more.
- Warriors in Pink Charity Classes: In partnership with Ford Warriors in Pink, we are offering two gentle healing yoga classes; one designed for breast cancer patients, survivors and their caregivers (this practice is ideal for anyone going through, or having gone through treatment) and the other connects attendees to the healing power of nature. $10 from each registration will go toward Young Survival Coalition, an organization that aims to support women under 40 who are diagnosed with breast cancer.
- Daily Ashtanga Classes: Peg Mulqueen leads attendees through the fundamentals of this particular Mysore yoga tradition. Beginner as well as more advanced classes are offered.
- Wanderlust Listening Room: Our brand new, one-of-a-kind aural experience of music: Sink into the comfort and peace of low lighting, pillows, and cushions and drift into an intimate and personal experience of specially-curated music with a live musician in state of the art surround sound speakers.
Content courtesy of Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows